RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, which is a web-based feed. This allows you to receive the latest content from multiple sites in a standard format. This blog will explain how to add RSS feeds in Outlook.
How do I add RSS feeds to MS Outlook?
In just a few clicks, you can easily add RSS Feed to MS Outlook in different editions.
- From the left pane, select the ” RSS feed” folder.
- Right-click the RSS Feed folder to select the option “Add A New RSS Feed“.
- To add RSS Feed, paste the URL in the blank space.
- After you have added RSS to Outlook. An RSS feed will appear in a Folder similar to this:
Notice: If you add more RSS feeds to your MS Outlook, you will experience slow send/receive. These issues can be easily fixed by editing the send/receive settings in a few clicks. These issues can be resolved by creating a new send/receive group and deactivating the RSS feed from default send/receive.
How do I enable RSS Feed in Default Send/Receive Group?
For MS Outlook 2007
- Open the “Tools” tab >> “Send/Receive”, then “Define Send/Receive”, and choose “Default send/receive groups”. Click on “Edit”, and remove “RSS Feed”.
- To open the send/receive settings shortcut, click on ” Clt+Alt+S“.
You can also use the tool to fix corrupted PST files quickly and easily with just a few clicks
For MS Outlook 2010
- Click on File >> Option >> section: Advanced >> button Send/Receive, then click on the ” Edit” button. Then, you can remove ” RSS feed“, from the default ” Send/receive Group“.
How do I create a new Send and Receive group for RSS Feeds?
You can easily create a new Send and Receive group in MS Outlook by following a few simple steps.
- Click on the Tools tab to select the Send/Receive option.
- Now select the send/receive settings. Click on ” Define Send/receive Group“.
- Click on the button ” New” to create a new Send/receive Group and rename it RSS upon request.
- Click the ” Edit button. After that, enable all send/receive options.
- Click on the button ” OK” to select the option of including RSS feeds in this Send/Receive list.
- Allow all settings for the new Send/Receive Group and then click on the ” Closing ” button.
You have now enabled the RSS feed via the default Send/Receive groups and created a new send/receive folder for the RSS feed. The new send/receive groups will be displayed. To check it out, click on the ” tools” tab. Select the ” send/receive” option. Click on the ” RSS On Demand only Group“.
Steps to create a new send/receive group in MS Outlook 2010:
- Click on the File.
- Click on the “Options” button.
- Next, select the Advanced option.
- Click the ” Send/Receive” button.
- To create a new Send/Receive Group, click on ” New“.
- Next, give the group a name and then click on ” OK“.
- Next, disable all accounts. Select only RSS feeds within this Send/Receive Group and then click on the ” OK” button.
- Next, click on the ” Close ” button to disable all settings of Group ” RSS On Demand Only“.
- You have now enabled RSS feeds from the default Send/Receive groups and created a new send/receive folder for RSS feeds. The new send/receive groups will be displayed. Click on the ” send/receive” tab, select the ” Send/Receive groups“, and then click on ” RSS On Demand only Group“.
The bottom line
This blog provides a complete solution for managing and adding RSS feeds in different versions of MS Outlook.